[Asterisk-Dev] Zaptel DTMF Problem?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Apr 21 00:26:55 MST 2005

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Rod Bacon wrote:
> > If I dial IN to the menu, DTMF is detected but if Asterisk originates
> > the call, DTMF is not recognised.
>
> I spent some time helping a tech at Digium with a problem like this a
> few weeks ago; nothing we could do would make it work, it seemed like
> the DSP was not listening to the inbound audio and didn't recognize the
> DTMF in the stream.
>
> Unfortunately, the site having the problem stopped being able to help
> (reconfigured their box or something), so we came to a dead end. I would
> like to be able to resolve the problem, but it will take some
> concentrated effort. If you can come on IRC tomorrow we can try to work
> on it.

We see the exact same problem. The dsp seems not to listen to any audio
that comes in on channels that Asterisk originated (in our case via a
Dial() call). Channels that terminate to Asterisk (such as the channel
that called Dial() above) do see dtmf correctly.

The problem has existed for several months. The dsp calims to be up, but
nothing comes out of it.

Peter