[Asterisk-Dev] app_dtmftotext.c

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Apr 21 00:10:37 MST 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 12:27:21PM +0200, Ezabi wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking for a way to pass alphanumeric variables to asterisk via
> the keypad, found this application app_dtmftotext.c and its use
> instructions on the wiki, but with no compiling/installation instructions.
> Can anybody be of help here?
> I posted this before on the user list but got no reply.
> Thx
> Ezabi

The debian package asterisk-app-dtmftotext is compiled out-of-tree. The
source package is asterisk-spandsp-plugins that includes rxfax and txfax
as well.

The control file states that the build requires asterisk-dev and
libspandsp-dev. So basically it requires asterisk's libs and spandsp's
libs.

The package calls not makefile from debian/rules. The build target from
there (with slight simplifications):

CFLAGS = -Wall -g -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -O2

build:
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -shared -o app_dtmftotext.so app_dtmftotext.c -lspandsp
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -shared -o app_rxfax.so app_rxfax.c -lspandsp
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -shared -o app_txfax.so app_txfax.c -lspandsp

FWIW, I've built it, but never used it so far.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com