[Asterisk-Dev] double D-Chans and restarting single span?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Apr 20 11:31:44 MST 2005

 I get this when doing "load chan_zap.so"

  == Starting D-Channel on span 1
  == Starting D-Channel on span 2
  == Starting D-Channel on span 3
  == Starting D-Channel on span 4
  == Registered channel type 'Zap' (Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI)
  == Registered channel type 'Tor' (Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI)
  == Registered application 'CallingPres'
  == Manager registered action ZapTransfer
  == Manager registered action ZapHangup
  == Manager registered action ZapDialOffhook
  == Manager registered action ZapDNDon
  == Manager registered action ZapDNDoff
  == Manager registered action ZapShowChannels
  == Primary D-Channel on span 4 up
  == Primary D-Channel on span 3 up
  == Primary D-Channel on span 3 up
  == Primary D-Channel on span 4 up

I know that I didn't really start 2 D-channels on spans 3 & 4 but could that be
a bug somewhere?

Also, is there any way to restart a single span? I've got a 4 port card and
right now the only way to restart span 2 is to "unload chan_zap.so" and then
"load chan_zap.so".

That means that if I ever have a problem with any single span, I have to take
down all 4 spans to reboot a single span? Hmm...

Is there also a way to restart just the d-channel on a specific span?

-Matthew