[Asterisk-Dev] Identifying associated channel in rtp.c

Alf Thomas Nilsen a-t-n at online.no
Tue Apr 19 03:11:47 MST 2005

I am trying to retrieve a variable set with SetVar() in extensions.conf. I
have been told that the preferred way to do this is to use a function from
pbx.h/.c called "pbx_builtin_getvar_helper(chan, "name")". The problem,
however, is that I'm inexperienced with Asterisk and this kind of
programming so I have had a really hard time finding the associated channel
to retrieve the variable from. I would appreciate it if anyone could point
me in the right direction. If there is other ways of retrieving variables
set with SetVar() I would also like to hear about them.

Best regards,

Alf Thomas Nilsen