[Asterisk-Dev] Intra-Frame request in VoiceMail and General use. <= NEW ast_chann feature ?

Nicolas FOURNIL nfournil at call.fr
Tue Apr 19 03:05:43 MST 2005

First of all, sorry for my so tardive response !

It's independant of the Channel type... Despite video support is only on SIP
channel.

When you're connecting to app_voicemail
 	<-- the H263 codec from your phone streams a lot a i-frame (who are lost
by asterisk) and after that send i-frame periodicly (about 1 every 10s).
Asterisk greetings etc...
Asterisk start recording your message
	<-- the connection is done for a long time, so the H263 codec send Iframe
periodicly and only differences
Asterisk records the H263 stream without any Iframe, so the first seconds
are based on nothing, so the image is green and you see only moves
	(10s)
	<-- it receive the iframe
Asterisk record is ok

There's a need of asking an Iframe when you start recording the message, so
you must :
	- insert this on the app_voicemail (because it's only knows when it start
recording), <- initiation
	- perhaps on the asterisk primitive channel (because it will be need on
many video applications), <- transmission
	- on the chan_sip also if the iframe resquest is done via sip INFO method
OR in the sdp.c ? <- means to get the iframe

We are begining working with rtcp today, perhaps by this way ?

Thanks for any advice

Nicolas.