[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail option parsing

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Apr 16 00:22:18 MST 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 05:30:35PM -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> > If we're going to do voicemail3 let's change more than just the
> > configuraion file format.
>
> Well, in the meantime, someone could implement the new config style, and
> only use it if we read "configversion=2" from the [general] section.
> That way, if it isn't there, it will still be backwards compatible with
> the current syntax.

[I'm not exacly familiar with HEAD, more with stable. So I hope I'm
accurate here]

One note: there are currently too many places that access voicemail.conf
directly:

* Directory
* Voicemail , when writing the modified password. Thus the "feature" of
  not being able to modify the vm password on a mailbox from an included
	file
* contrib/script/vmail.cgi

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com