[Asterisk-Dev] BOUNTY: app_hangup from exten => h

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 15 07:50:46 MST 2005

> > > [no-match]
> > > exten => i,1,Answer
> > > exten => i,2,Playback(invalid,skip)
> > > exten => i,3,Hangup
> > >
> > > Am I missing something, or does the _. catchall catch an invalid
> > > extension better than i?
> >
> > Tried that, doesn't work. So far the only thing that can catch
> > an invalid extension is _. as shown above.
>
> ... i doesn't work??  [testing]
>
> I stand corrected, although I think that this is a serious bug in Asterisk.
>
> if I Dial(IAX2/) an extension that does not exist I get a NOANSWER back; this
> is WRONG.  If I Dial(IAX2/) an exteiosn that does not exist and I have an 'i'
> extension in the target context's dialplan, I still get NOANSWER.
>
> This is a bug in Asterisk, IMO.
>
> So...  FOR NOW...  you're right.  :-)  Let me get this bug fixed.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was beginning to wonder if I really
was screwed up after a year (or more) of using/supporting * on a
regular basis.

I still believe that both "h" and "i" extensions need to be reviewed
in terms of their actual intent verses current implementation.
Looking forward to the "i" working however.