[Asterisk-Dev] BOUNTY: app_hangup from exten => h

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Apr 15 06:40:42 MST 2005

On April 15, 2005 10:08 am, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > [no-match]
> > exten => i,1,Answer
> > exten => i,2,Playback(invalid,skip)
> > exten => i,3,Hangup
> >
> > Am I missing something, or does the _. catchall catch an invalid
> > extension better than i?
>
> Tried that, doesn't work. So far the only thing that can catch
> an invalid extension is _. as shown above.

... i doesn't work??  [testing]

I stand corrected, although I think that this is a serious bug in Asterisk.

if I Dial(IAX2/) an extension that does not exist I get a NOANSWER back; this
is WRONG.  If I Dial(IAX2/) an exteiosn that does not exist and I have an 'i'
extension in the target context's dialplan, I still get NOANSWER.

This is a bug in Asterisk, IMO.

So...  FOR NOW...  you're right.  :-)  Let me get this bug fixed.

-A.