[Asterisk-Dev] Proposed MWI support for Endpoints on Different Softswitch

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Thu Apr 14 14:50:33 MST 2005

>Regarding your point of create MWI 's on the fly..can you explain what teh
>purpose for such a Feature would be.. I guess I missed your point....
>
>Thx,

Sure, I can give a real simple example.

Lets say I have a shared office spare and I want to have my users/agents
log in and out when they arrive/leave.  So shift one user arrives, sits
down at a random desk and dials an extension to log in.

Not only do I log this user into their queues (if they belong to a queue),
I can also pick out the channel they are coming from, be it SIP/<device> or
Zap/<channel>, etc. and set the MWI to the appropriate location.

It may just have been too far off-topic from your original work for me to
have included it in the thread.  I just wanted to float the idea and it
seemed you might have some thoughts concerning it since you've been digging
around in that code recently.

-Chris