[Asterisk-Dev] BOUNTY: app_hangup from exten => h

Josh Roberson twisted at indigent-networks.com
Thu Apr 14 07:47:59 MST 2005

Eric Wieling wrote:

> This is a bounty for a patch to app_hangup.c to generate an error when
> Hangup is called from exten => h.
>
> You should not call Hangup from exten => h.
>
> The bounty is US$10 and will be paid via Paypal.  The patch must be
> accepted into CVS-HEAD before the bounty will be paid.
>
> --Eric

This is not a problem, and does not need to be rectified.  I have,
myself, called Hangup() from the h extension and it has not caused any
issues.  Generally I use SoftHangup(${CHANNEL}) in the 'h' extension to
make certain that the call/channel gets disconnected and no zombies are
left around.  If you're having issues with calling Hangup() from the h
extension, make sure you are not doing any sort of wildcard matching (
ie, exten => _.,1,Blah ), as the h extension WILL be matched if it can
reach the wildcard extension from the context hangup is called from.