[Asterisk-Dev] Linux leaves Bitkeeper: quite a dustup

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Apr 11 22:24:57 MST 2005

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

>>Otherwise, ask yourself who appointed you the list-meister.  Delete
>>it if it doesn't interest you; otherwise get off your high horse.
>

> You sound like a spammer:  "Delete it if it doesn't interest you."
> No, we don't need it on this list to begin with.  This is the reason
> many developers are not on the -users list:  because there's a ton of
> off-topic crap.  There are plenty of other fora for discussing this;
> we don't need it here.

One man's pleasure is another man's poison.

One man's need to try to dominate another and pretend he is some great
authority on things is another man's fool, tartly marching around the
arena with his uniform on, playing Senor Capitan.

The list will decide, not you or me.

We'll all just have to wait and see if you were doing anyone a favor by
telling me off.  And we'll have to wait and see if I was doing you a
favor by telling you off.

You have no more authority to tell me to take it off-list than I have to
tell you to shut up.  A nice symmetry, and everyone reading gets to
judge for himself despite what either of us say.

Adios.

B.