[Asterisk-Dev] Linux leaves Bitkeeper: quite a dustup

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Apr 11 22:17:09 MST 2005

On Monday 11 April 2005 23:40, Brian Capouch wrote:
> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Monday 11 April 2005 22:52, Brian Capouch wrote:
> >>There's an article about it on Google today.  Quite a bit has
> >> been written about it in various places.  One such is at the
> >> link below. Looks to be a nice kettle of fish, involving a lot
> >> of hard feelings all around:
> >
> > I fail to see how this is on-topic for the Asterisk Developers
> > ML. Take your discussion to Slashdot.
>
> Ha ha ha.
>
> Have you listened to any of the devlopers' conference calls where
> that very topic has been central, and discussed for very
> significant periods of time?

That's a conference call; this is a mailing list.  We have a very
specific charter, which is discussion of modifications to the Asterisk
source code.

> Otherwise, ask yourself who appointed you the list-meister.  Delete
> it if it doesn't interest you; otherwise get off your high horse.

You sound like a spammer:  "Delete it if it doesn't interest you."
No, we don't need it on this list to begin with.  This is the reason
many developers are not on the -users list:  because there's a ton of
off-topic crap.  There are plenty of other fora for discussing this;
we don't need it here.

--
Tilghman