[Asterisk-Dev] GPL Violation http://www.asteriskwin32.com/

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Mon Apr 11 21:57:41 MST 2005

Hi,
 yes/no.

 The question is: has the guy sold product?

If he is still developing, but not sold product, then fine.
  There is no GPL violation.

If he is still developing, and has sold product, then there is a
possible violation.

You see, suppose he has been required to write Makefiles and configure
commands to get it to work (but not changed the asterisk source) he is
not required to release.

Derek.

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Johnathan Corgan wrote:

> Preston Garrison wrote:
>
> > Damn give the guy a break, if it was me i would tell you all where you
> > could shove it.
yeah - I really want to give him a break. I really hate these developer
discussions that take up so much time...

> His promises notwithstanding, though, he actually really is infringing
> on the Asterisk copyright at this point.
   Nope - we do not know this for certain.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.