[Asterisk-Dev] new release of chan_misdn !

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Apr 9 11:14:17 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 17:22 +0200, Thomas Häger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have released a brand new release of chan_misdn!

I'm having trouble with it. I have a fairly simple setup -- two BRI
cards; one inward-facing and one outward-facing. Incoming calls are
routed inwards to the ISDN telephone. The problems occur when an
_incoming_ call is hung up by the caller -- the internal telephone
doesn't work after that.

First I dial the BT line test facility and ask it to call back:
http://david.woodhou.se/misdn-log-outgoing.txt

It calls back, I wait for _it_ to hang up:
http://david.woodhou.se/misdn-log-incoming.txt

I attempt to make another call, which fails:
http://david.woodhou.se/misdn-log-nomoreout.txt

The first and the third ought to be identical, but start to diverge when
the broken one says 'L1: PH L1Link Up! port:1'. After which there's a
pause of a few seconds before the ISDN telephone gives up and
disconnects.

This is Asterisk CVS HEAD as of a few days ago, with an HFC-S card
internally and an AVM A1 facing outward. I'm using mISDN from its CVS of
about the same time; the one from isdn.jolly.de didn't work on the AVM
A1. Stopping Asterisk and restarting it will fix the problem.

In the final state, calls to the outside _are_ placed if I use 'overlap
dial' (i.e. if I press the digits _before_ the off-hook button), but
there's no voice connection.

--
dwmw2