[Asterisk-Dev] backporting persisent queues?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Apr 9 05:35:29 MST 2005

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Jerris, Michael MI wrote:

> Now this could be a worthwhile use for the patches stuff in the makefile
> that mark had been playing with.  Then again, a much better way to do
> this would be to try to set a more frequent release schedule, that would
> keep us from having features unavailable to "stable" users for so long.
> Anyone for a 3 month cycle, head-->test-->release, shifting down 1 level
> every 3 months or so?  What do we need in place for "testing" for this
> to be worthwhile?

If it were software for virtually anything else, I'd agree with you, but
quite frankly, PBX software should have pretty long development, test and
release cycles. People don't take to kindly to their phone calls just
getting hung up on n such.. As many changes that have gone into head, we
should really let things flesh out for a while, keep adding fixes and at
some point in the future announce a code freeze and just work on bug fixes
before turning head into stable.

                             KP-216-121-ST