[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 Spec?

Johnathan Corgan jcorgan at aeinet.com
Fri Apr 8 19:05:20 MST 2005

Steve Kann wrote:

> It's fun, especially when the receive side is mostly implemented in one
> 1300 line function (socket_read()) :)

Yeah, I was digging through this to try to tease out some of the inner
workings of the protocol.

One thing I did notice, and was curious about.  A mini-frame only has
the sender conversation number.  This is used to as in index for the
connection in iaxs[].  Since this is assigned by the sender and not the
receiver, isn't it possible for there to be a collision?  I would think
that only the combination of scallno:dcallno would be guaranteed to be
unique.

Or am I missing something really simple?

-Johnathan