[Asterisk-Dev] IAX2 Spec?

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Fri Apr 8 17:10:27 MST 2005

Hi,

> >So - what guideline did you find that suggests a 1300 line function?

> I don't quite understand your question.

Ok, let me summarize it for you.

Statements I have seen about iax2 and the code:

The missing parts of the protocol documentation can be deduced from the  code

You can work out the protocol from the code.

===============================
Such reverse engineering is not easy, when the code is poorly written.
A 1300 line method is an abomination to understand.

My question about guidelines is, very simply, a subtle way of saying the
code is very very hard to read and understand.

The code is easier to understand if you know the protocol, and know the
workings of the PBX side of asterisk.

However, let us stop squabbling over the code quality. let us move on to
bigger and better things, like how do we obtain correct and complete
documentation. Perhaps, the source for the current rfc could be placed in
CVS. (presumably the source for the rfc is text format - latex?)

Derek.

--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.