[Asterisk-Dev] Petition for IAX firmware

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Apr 7 05:12:22 MST 2005

On April 6, 2005 10:36 pm, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> That is totally incorrect.   Digium created a totally new design which
> just happens to be compatible with the Zaptel API.   The TEXXP cards are
> based on a much much more powerful T/E/J-1 Framer Chip instead of the
> old, dumb Dallas chip the Tormenta (Zapata) board designs utilize.

Fair enough; I thought that the TExxxP were incremental improvements on
Tormentia, not radically new designs.  My mistake, and my apologies.

> You must not forget how much Mark/Digium contributed back to
> Jim/Zapata/Zaptel, before embarking on his own design.

I didn't forget it; as I said I thought these new cards were improvements on
the original design, not brand new designs.  :-)

I appreciate you clearing this up, since I *know* I'm not the only one who was
working off bad information.

-A.