[Asterisk-Dev] Petition for IAX firmware

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Wed Apr 6 19:36:06 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>I guess; but in my mind Digium improved upon the Zaptel design and closed it.
>Not exactly what the original poster was getting at.

That is totally incorrect.   Digium created a totally new design which
just happens to be compatible with the Zaptel API.   The TEXXP cards are
based on a much much more powerful T/E/J-1 Framer Chip instead of the
old, dumb Dallas chip the Tormenta (Zapata) board designs utilize.

You must not forget how much Mark/Digium contributed back to
Jim/Zapata/Zaptel, before embarking on his own design.

Jeremy McNamara