[Asterisk-Dev] AGI and priority

Stefan Reuter srt at reucon.net
Wed Apr 6 16:55:40 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 10:26 -0500, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> JunK-Y wrote:
> > i was talking with a guy on IRC. We discussed about a feature with
> > FastAGI. When a FastAGI server isn't responding, there's no way to
> > deal when it failed.
> >
> > What do you think about FastAGI goes at priority N+101 ?
[snip]

> Have your AGI set a variable (SetVar) then check for that variable in
> the dialplan after the AGI is run.  If the variable isn't set, the AGI
> didn't work.

Using SetVar sounds good as being able to reach the FastAGI server does
not imply that it actually found an AGIScript configured for the given
URL and was able to successfully execute it.
If we go the way using special priorities we must also be able to return
success or failure via FastAGI to indicate if the script was found and
executed or not.

=Stefan