[Asterisk-Dev] Petition for IAX firmware

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Wed Apr 6 13:38:53 MST 2005

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> I think the prudent thing would be to start an open-sourced hardware
> design project, then let the motivated develop their own firmware
> implementations for service and features customization, branding, etc.
> Open-Source worked for Zaptel, why couldn't it work for an ATA or IP
> Phone design?
You can't say it worked for zaptel, digium's latest designs are not open
source.

There are companies whose head isn't stuck in the sand about it, look up
PA168 and Centrality Communications. Unfortunately, when you start
delving deeper into manufacturing business, there's nobody who wants to
talk to you unless you commit to ~200k$ worth of hardware...

-alex