[Asterisk-Dev] rtp jitterbuffer synchronization question

Slav Klenov slav at securax.org
Wed Apr 6 05:55:13 MST 2005

Hello * core developers,

Currently I'm working on jitterbuffer integration in rtp.c. My previous
experience with chan_sip jb
integration showed some synchronization issues, so I'm trying to be very
careful with this now.

Basicly what I'm doing is:
- from chan_sip (in example) create an rtp in callback mode which adds
rtpread() into the chan_sip
  io context - rtpread() will be always invoked from
chan_sip::do_monitor(), right?
- rtpread(), when invoked, puts frames into the jitterbuff.
- I have another function, which is scheduled to get frames from the
jitterbuff and delivers them
  to the channel.

The problem is that all these activities should be stopped when the
channel is distroyed (or maybe
even earler - on hangup or when the network socket is closed???)

My question is:
Is it possible (not only for chan_sip, but for all rtp channels)
rtpread() to be invoked after
rtp_destroy()?

Thanks,
Slav