[Asterisk-Dev] Petition for IAX firmware

Jerris, Michael MI mjerris at ofllc.com
Wed Apr 6 05:45:30 MST 2005

WRT is a perfect platform for this sort of device.  Running chan_sip and
chan_iax2 along with core asterisk and a few other modules would be able
to do this quite nicely.  The pluggable pbx could be used quite nicely
in this case to strip all dialplan processing totally off the platform
and replace it with a hardcoded dial across a trunk.  Given no
transcoding or other manipulation of the audio payload, I think we may
all be surprised at how well a device like this could work.