[Asterisk-Dev] Manager header revision

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Apr 3 11:56:11 MST 2005

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0003936

I've tried to document headers used in manager in manager.h

if you look at the list, there are problems if you want to write a
generic parser for manager. The same header is used for many different
values or combinations.

Channel: could be dialstring, tech/name or channel specifier

I really think we should clear this mess up, trying to find a way to
not break backwards compatibility.

Time for a manager plugin - manager2 - with new commands on a new port.
And a header registry in order to clear this mess up.

Or what do you think?

/O