[Asterisk-Dev] Echo Canceller assistence (SteveU?)

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Sun Apr 3 02:48:26 MST 2005

I have filed a bug, 3813 which briefly, illustrates a case where I
believe the echo canceller rapidly diverges to a point that renders
busydetect inoperable.

Unfortunately I am not a developer, but having spent quite a bit of time
researching echo cancellers, I wanted to check something with those more
knowledgable, before posting a bugnote.

The situation per bug 3813 seems to to contain two elements that are
causing problems - pure tones and significant periods of doubletalk.

Having spent a large amount of time tweaking the mec2_const file without
any real improvement, I wondered if it would be feasable to inhibit
coefficient updates immediately following the FXO echo training, until
the called channel (FXS in this case), goes off hook?

Thanks for assistence.

Regards,

Richard