[Asterisk-Dev] no compile for some channel modules

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sat Apr 2 21:09:41 MST 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 20:13, Richard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I prevent some channels modules from compiling in stable
> version? For example, if I compile chan_modem.so, it would have
> problem to start *. I'd like to change channels/Makefile to stop it
> from compiling. I change the CHANNEL_LIBS to only have,
>
> CHANNEL_LIBS=chan_sip.so chan_agent.so chan_local.so
>
> This trick works for old version, but not the latest 1.0.7. it
> still compiles chan_modem*.so.

Why not just noload those modules in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf?
noload => chan_modem.so
noload => chan_modem_aopen.so
noload => chan_modem_bestdata.so
noload => chan_modem_i4l.so

Even after upgrading to a new release, you won't have to remember
to disable the Makefile again.  It's a much more permanent solution.

--
Tilghman