[Asterisk-Dev] status of new jitterbuffer?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Sat Apr 2 14:58:26 MST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005, at 4:44 PM, Richard Scobie wrote:

> Steve Kann wrote:
>
>> For most "normal" use cases, it should work very well.  There's a
>> couple of unusual cases it doesn't handle well that I know about, and
>> will be addressed soon (just testing these patches).  One is in
>> mantis already (handling timestamp sequence discontinuities), another
>> is handling non-regular frame durations (i.e. 20ms, 40ms, 20ms,
>> 40ms,...).
>> Zoa also has seen some issues, and his team is looking at those.
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the jitterbuffer work.
>
> Any more thoughts on PLC for xLAW systems with no translations, which
> I believe currently is non-functional?

The only time this comes up, really, is if one leg of your call goes to
TDM (either chan_zap, or if any of the other TDM devices support xLaw).
   The simplest way to do this is to force the device into Signed Linear
mode, and force a translation to happen.  Otherwise, you need to
implement the PLC stuff in the channel drivers themselves.

-SteveK