[Asterisk-Dev] Manager command listcommands

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Apr 1 09:58:05 MST 2005

In order to prepare for a manager proxy, I'm proposing changes to a lot
of manager commands. We're trying to be backwards compatible as much as
we can, but in some cases, we have to make a decision whether it's worth
it or not.

The manager command "listcommands" now lists commands like

command: description

I want to change that to

command|category[, category]|decription

The manager proxy needs to know categories in order to handle some basic
level of security.

Anyone out there that depends on the old syntax or should we change this
in the development version?

We will not change anything in the 1.0.x manager for this new functionality.

"Speak up now, or..."

/Olle :-)

PS. This change does not apply to Asterisk 2.0 ;-)