[Asterisk-Dev] Re: cannot find extension context from-sip

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo tih at eunetnorge.no
Wed Sep 29 11:21:04 MST 2004

"Chris A. Icide" <chris at netgeeks.net> writes:

> First off, this question belongs on asterisk-users, not asterisk-dev.  How
> did you come to post this to asterisk-dev?  This list is getting alot of
> these lately, and I'm wondering if we need a much more aggressive approach
> to defining what content goes to what lists.

Well, the reason is probably on <http://www.asterisk.org/>.  In the
text that explains the mailing lists, we read:

| The asterisk-users at lists.digium.com and
| asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com lists provide forums for users who
| have implementation and support questions and for developers who
| wish to participate in the technological discussions pertaining to
| Asterisk. Both lists potentially have twenty to fifty e-mails in a
| single business day, and a single digest version is available.

If they read it with care, most people will understand that "-users"
and "for users who..." go together, as do "-dev" and "for developers
who...".  There is, however, potential for misunderstanding here,
especially for people who are not developers, and don't have a clear
understanding of what that word means in this context.  The paragraph
describes two completely different lists, and it doesn't make sense to
mix the two descriptions into a single sentence.  It should be split
into two paragraphs.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway Hosting
www.eunet.no  T +47-22092958 M +47-93013940 F +47-22092901 FWD 484145