[Asterisk-Dev] Wish List / Brain Storm from AstriCon

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Sep 29 09:29:51 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 11:29, David Pollak wrote:

> Additionally, this allows the signaling and command layers to use C++
> object libraries that do ref counting as to avoid memory leaks (I
> would continue to use C and malloc/free at the media layer because
> this code has to be as tight, well controlled, and understandable as
> possible.)  Signaling and command layers don't need to respond in the
> tight time frames that the media layer needs.

You might need to rethink that part. For SS7 support I think there had
been comments on the need for definate realtime speeds. SS7 is a
signalling protocol and SS7 means a lot of money for those who wish it
to be in asterisk(not me, but I will spend a moment looking out for
them). I'm sure there are several other signalling protocols that need
to have realtime responses in the PSTN world at least.