[Asterisk-Dev] Wish List / Brain Storm from AstriCon

David Pollak dpp-asterisk at projectsinmotion.com
Wed Sep 29 09:35:18 MST 2004

Guys,

For you Apple ][ Integer Basic users from the way-back machine: we
didn't have line renumbering or debugging either, but we seemed to be
able to write code.  It's possible, just not fun.

At the end of the day, Dial Plan is a Turing complete language.  It's
got a horrible syntax, horrible debugging features, and it's slow as
frozen dog poop (try running a dial plan with 100,000 lines), but it's a
language just like BASIC, Pascal, C, etc.  IMHO, continuing to evolve
Dial Plan as a language should be a wicked low priority --
extensions.conf should be kept around for legacy purposes, but nothing
more.  Integrating a better command/event mechanism that allows for
languages of choice is the better choice. (See my other post)

Thanks,

David