[Asterisk-Dev] Wish List / Brain Storm from AstriCon

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Sep 28 16:56:43 MST 2004

Robert Jackson wrote:

>>From what I understood of the discussion bkw and ssokol had previously
> Discussed this.  Basically, the ability to have something like
>
> exten => s,@,[Some App]
>
> And have it automatically run before going to priority #1.  This would
> be very helpful if you have to preform some macro or other procedure
> before everything else.  Currenlty to get the same functionality you
> have to renumber all the other priorities.

I could see how this might be useful, but I'd trying to work out a way
to have a more powerful facility (although it's not easy, this is the
most complex part of Asterisk <G>).

What I want to be able to do is something like this:

[pstn]
exten => setup,1,SetCallerIDNum()
exten => setup,2,SetCallerIDName()
exten => setup,3,SetAccountCode()
include => pridial
include => nufone
include => fwd

The idea being that _none_ of the setup steps would be run, unless there
is an extension match found in one of the included contexts. If an
extension match is found, then the setup steps would be run _before_ the
first priority of the matching extension.

If anyone else wants to help out with this I'm all for it... Having this
available will greatly simplify large parts of my dial plan :-).