[Asterisk-Dev] chan_sip / cisco sip

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Fri Sep 24 15:32:09 MST 2004

Is it just me, or when transferring a call on a cisco phone using sip,
the cisco does not give *any* indication, sip message wise, of the fact
that the call is related to an in progress call?

Looking in chan_sip.c I can see that on a successful blind transfer, the
'dialedpeernubmer' channel variable is set, thus allowing the detection
of who transfered the call.  But I need to know who is *transferring*
the call :(

Is this possible?  After looking at a 'sip debug' trace of a call being
transfered (attended/supervised) between three cisco sip phones, my
determination is that -without looking at the sip rfc- a _truly_ key
piece of call information is not being transmitted.  Thus making the
answer to my question, a big bold *NO*?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher L. Wade                     Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc.
Senior Systems Administrator                            dba Sparco.com