[Asterisk-Dev] Intel IPP licensing and G.729

Daniel Pocock daniel at readytechnology.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 11:51:16 MST 2004

>I'm interested in the g729 diff you posted...
>
>I've applied the patch, but I don't seem to have the prerequisites to
>compile it...  I tried downloading the other code available from
>Intel, but even the 'eval' version won't install without a FlexLM
>license (damn license managers...).  Am I heading the right direction,
>or is there somewhere else I should be looking?
>
>Thanks,
>Rob

I've added more details to the documentation.  You may need to

a) register on Intel's site under the 'free non-commercial use' section
b) obtain the license number and a license key file
c) put the license key file in the place specified by Intel's documentation
d) run the installer

Please read Intel's terms and conditions carefully to establish whether
your usage qualifies for the free evaluation download or the
'non-commercial use' download.  They both give you the same code, but
under different terms.

Regards,

Daniel