[Asterisk-Dev] Sparc Ultra Support

Thomas Horsten thomas at horsten.com
Fri Sep 24 01:11:17 MST 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Chris Albertson wrote:

> "auto toola", autoconf and the like.  This would solve
> the problem once and for all.  But the powers that be
> basically said "I don't understand GNU autotools and
> don't want to learn."  Amazing how people will be happy
> to maintain such rubish as 100 nested #ifdefs if it
> saves then bit bit of RTFM.  I'd personally like to see
> Asterisk runing a SPARC/Solaris
> but would not even think of attempting it with a
> hand built Makefile.

I must say I agree with the autoconf approach, just to get it to compile
on Linux/MIPS I had to change several things manually, like it was trying
to use x86 assembler for the codecs if it was NOT Sparc or whatever..

Having said that, it doesn't seem to use too many nonstandard things, so
getting it to work with autotools should be fairly trivial.

Thomas