[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Embedded?

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Thu Sep 23 14:13:56 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 21:53, Kenneth Shaw wrote:
> Not a full fledged PBX on an iPaq per se,

I did this at my previous workplace a couple of years ago. A "real" PBX
(as in 20 years of development) running on a Toshiba Libretto used as a
SoftPBX for a couple of H.323 phones. We demoed it and it worked so
well, people still (even now) don't believe it was not fake ;-)

> but why not VoiceMail Features?

I can see using core Asterisk functionality in a softphone, like a cross
platfom / cross protocol "iCrossterisk".

But a whole cluster of iPaqs running voicemail kind of things, I'm not
sure I see the point in that.

--
Andreas Sikkema <h323 at ramdyne.nl>