[Asterisk-Dev] Where are .call files processed?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Sep 22 07:31:21 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 05:34, Christian Victor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My name is Christian and I am new to the -dev list. I am working on a
> few quite big (>=120 lines) asterisk boxes and now I want to give
> something back to the community by improving asterisk a bit.
>
> At the moment I work a lot with .call files queued in
> /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing - this seems to be quite undocumented ans
> so I need to look/work at the source for this function.
>
> Can somebody here tell me where I can find the relevant functions? In
> wich source file etc.?

I am glad you wish to give back.

Why didn't you use something as simple as grep on the code base?
grep -r outgoing * # done from the asterisk source dir

That gave a relatively small list. You then will notice a file that
shows up, pbx/pbx_spool.c.

If you wish to document, you need to be able to dig.