[Asterisk-Dev] Windows

Tue Sep 21 09:59:34 MST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:57:19 +0800, list at asd-group.com
<list at asd-group.com> wrote:
> I honestly cant think why it isn't anything but a good thing if 1) Windows
> were to get the use of Digium hardware and 2) Asterix were to get to run
> fully on Windows too.

Quite possible that there will be something called Asterix running on
Windoze or maybe there is already. But as far as Asterisk (the subject
of this mailing list) is concerned, it is extremely unlikely it will
be running natively on Windoze in the foreseeable future.

Why don't you check out Voicetronix' OpenPBX. That already runs on
Windoze. You can always try to glue Zaptel to it. There is no reason
why Zaptel should be an Asterisk exclusive. In fact, I heard the
Bayonne project is working on Zaptel support, so there's already
precedence.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.