[Asterisk-Dev] Windows

list at asd-group.com list at asd-group.com
Tue Sep 21 03:31:28 MST 2004

I just have, on your suggestion, and it looks interesting. The integration
you talk of is exactly what I wanted to achieve but with Exchange 2003,
which in turn works well with (also very automated) Outlook 2003 clients.

By choosing a TDM board instead of a TAPI-based one, I didn't want to start
a cascade effect that will change every single bit of software currently in
use, on servers and clients!!

For now, I will port the drivers to Win32 as and when I can, and run a
reduced Asterisk on the Exchange 2003 box (with which it will be
integrated). I think this will work well as a system even on an Epia 1ghz,
just like Asterisk & Opengroupware would under Linux. Further down the
track, this *will* all go Linux, but not just yet.

Overtime and buying more hardware is not an option unfortunately - on
long-term sick leave at the moment and am using this to occupy my time and
*avoid* spending more cash!! :-)