[Asterisk-Dev] Windows

Duane duane at e164.org
Tue Sep 21 03:05:53 MST 2004

list at asd-group.com wrote:

> Thanks but it's nothing to do with GUI's. Unless MS releases a version of
> Exchange 2003 server that runs on Linux, this box will continue to be a
> WS2003 box, which means that I'll need WIN32 drivers for the TDM. Using a
> second box isn't an option at this time.

erm you wouldn't want to run asterisk on the same box as any other
resource hog, especially if you actually want jitter free conversations,
due to the real time cpu usage asterisk needs... Instead of wasting
effort porting perhaps do overtime or something and get a cheap celeron
box instead (which can be had very cheaply these days) and I pretty sure
it would run a lot better then under a win gui...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."