[Asterisk-Dev] Hardware details for the Digium TDM400P

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Sat Sep 18 12:57:07 MST 2004

list at asd-group.com wrote:
> I forgot to say - in the opinion of this community, how does the TDM400P
> (with its FXS and FXO modules) stack up as a general telephony card compared
> to the likes of Dialogic, CallURL, SST, etc ?
>
> Is it considered "good" ?
>
> Any major plus/minus points ?

I cannot compare the TDM400P to any other cards, but have been using
them since they were released in a moderate daily use environment. FXS
performance was poor until the revised card with the Molex power
connector was released and currently FXS problems are confined to
occasional (every 2 - 3 months) a module will go dead and need a driver
reload to bring it back.

The new FXO modules which I have been using for 3 months or so on the
latest modified TDM400P card, have problems with going into a state
where users dialling out hear full level white noise or asterisk
indicating no lines available when "show channels" indicate none are in
use. This sometimes requires a reboot to fix as a driver reload is not
sufficient.

As an indicator, a box with 2 x X100P ran continuously for just over a
year without any problems at all. Replacing them with a TDM400P with 2 x
FXO has seen 2 driver reloads required so far.

These are systems where CVS updates are done weekly and everything has
been configured for asterisk only duty. Correspondence with others in
similar situations show I am not alone.

I am not a software developer and am currently learning how to debug so
I can provide some solid feedback to Digium.

Regards,

Richard