[Asterisk-Dev] Using Asterisk to record calls NOT passing through Asterisk

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Sun Sep 12 06:11:24 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 13:19, Benjamin on Asterisk Mailing Lists wrote:
> In other words, if we play this right, we could win a substantial
> sponsorship for the development of such a voip traffic capturing and
> recording module for Asterisk. I would appreciate to hear from
> developers who would be interested in such a project and willing and
> able to provide an estimation of time and effort required.

Hmm, so you'd effectively be developing the Ethereal SIP support all
over again (and large chunks of Ethereal itself)? I'd put the money in
improving (in some way) the codec support in Ethereal.

Asterisk is a PBX, not a packet sniffer, because that is the only option
your customer seems to have.

--
Andreas Sikkema <h323 at ramdyne.nl>