[Asterisk-Dev] Feature additions during -rc phase?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Fri Sep 10 08:16:03 MST 2004

I've not been a member of the Asterisk community for long, and I
certainly appreciate the rapid pace that Mark (and others) get bugfixes
and features merged into CVS.

However, in the last week or two, there have been a number of
significant new features added (this morning is was macro support for
the Dial app), and I'm wondering whether these additions are going into
(what will be) Asterisk-1.0?

Seems to me that if Asterisk is in "release candidate" phase none of
this stuff will end up in 1.0, since it should be in feature freeze and
only getting bugfixes and documentation enhancements. If that's the
case, I'll make sure that I continue to use CVS HEAD for my systems,
rather than planning on using 1.0, since I want to use some of these new
features :-)