[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk / OpenH323 Bearer-Capability

Aaron S. Joyner asjoyner at intrex.net
Thu Sep 2 13:36:48 MST 2004

I'm currently using Asterisk, and working with a provider to setup an
H.323 gateway connection.  In the process of setting up the H.323
connection, Asterisk (via OpenH323) is sending the wrong
Bearer-Capability, as seen here in the output of a call, with "h.323
trace 4" set.

>       IE: Bearer-Capability = {
>         80 90 a5                                           ...
>       }

If I understand it correctly, this is stating that Asterisk is capable
of handling more than just data - that OpenH323 is fully capable of
passing video codecs, etc.  Unfortunately, I need to reduce what I'm
advertising that I'm capable of doing - as it's confusing the remote
end.  In a perfect world, I need it to say "80 90 a2" or "80 90 a3".

I'm boiling this post down a bit in the interest of space and time, and
I will happily provide the full output of the trace, or any other
information that would be helpful in resolving the problem.  I am hoping
though, that someone will be able to point me to a way to specify this
in Asterisk's h323.conf (I have looked and don't believe it's an option
as of current CVS), or provide me with some more information before I go
diving into the source in an attempt to provide a way to specify the
bearer-capability.

Thanks very much in advance.

--
Aaron S. Joyner