[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-cvs] libpri q931.c,1.90,1.91

creslin at digium.com creslin at digium.com
Fri Oct 29 08:36:26 MST 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 05:46:03PM -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> creslin at digium.com wrote:
>
> >If you can test it for me :-)  I took it out because of some problems that
> >could be related to this that cropped up today.  If anybody else has any
> >problems
> >I'd like to hear about it.
>
> Just tell me what I need to do... I've got an Asterisk connected to a
> DMS-250 using NI-2, properly receiving Calling Name via Facility IE.
> Even though my telco does allow me to get the CNAM database updated when
> I assign DIDs, I'd like to be able supply Calling Name directly as well
> (and I believe it is currently working, using a CVS HEAD pull from about
> 6 weeks ago).

I don't believe that we've had calling name over facility transmit capability
in CVS.  I just started working on this (and had to add the functions for it)
within the last couple of weeks.  But anyway, that's another matter...

I need to find some documentation so that I can find out what switches (NI2 in
your case) support this type of message.  I'm just somewhat concerned what a
switch might do if I send it a facility IE w/ calling name in it and it doesn't
know what to do with it.  If you can find me some docs that tell me that transmit
of calling name information is supported in NI2 I'll add it back in.

I am relatively certain that it works with Q.SIG, NI3, and 5ESS, but I'm not
certain about other switchtypes (including NI2).

Matthew Fredrickson