[Asterisk-Dev] New card - TE110P?

Apollon Koutlides apollon at planewalk.net
Wed Oct 27 03:21:38 MST 2004

Paul Cadach wrote:

> [snip]
>
>In this situation to minimize IRQ flow better is to:
>a) have "as-much-as-possible" ports on signle card;
>b) distrubute cards between different hosts.

(b) is what I have in mind (and what I actually do when I have more than
one E1/T1 interface). x86 h/w is really cheap nowadays, and you can get
some load-balancing and generic failover this way. With FastAGI and an
IP-takeover scheme, you can get fault tolerance (and with some good
design load balancing as well) on every single aspect of your asterisk
deployment.

--
Apollon Koutlides