[Asterisk-Dev] New card - TE110P?

Paul Cadach paul at odt.east.telecom.kz
Wed Oct 27 01:55:20 MST 2004

Hi,

> Matt Riddell wrote:
>
> > In that case I'd recommend the quad span E1/T1 card which is available
> > now.  (also seeing as you stated you needed 3-4, this will be a lot
> > cheaper)
>
> ...and introduce a single point of failure, as well.

And generates much less interrupts per second, because each zaptel device have its own clocking interface...  Zaptel
device generates an interrupt every 1 ms (1000 interrupts per second), so 2 or 3 cards will generate about 2000 or 3000
interrupts every second, and not all host CPUs will handle them successfully. In this situation to minimize IRQ flow
better is to:
a) have "as-much-as-possible" ports on signle card;
b) distrubute cards between different hosts.

WBR,
Paul.