[Asterisk-Dev] Error in file ast_expr.y Solved - Chaned Bison version

Smarty bikramb at excite.com
Sun Oct 24 06:04:11 MST 2004

 Hi Lawrence, I downloaded "bison V1.875" and tried compiling again. Whooooopy the problem was resolved.Thanks a lot Lawrence for pointing this out. So finally I have been able to build "asterisk". But I'm still figuring out how to use it with my User Agents. My requirement is: 1. To make a "Group" containing some agents (SIP User Agents) as members.2. To start a conference between the members of the Group. (The asterix server should    do the conferencing between these SIP User Agents. So the asterix server should     be able to understand the request from one member to be redirected to all the group members). Any suggestions as to how can I create the Group and start the conference?  Regards,Bikram--- On Sun 10/24, Smarty < bikramb at excite.com > wrote:From: Smarty [mailto: bikramb at excite.com]To: lwc at roke.co.ukCc: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.comDate: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 06:35:28 -0400Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Error in file ast_expr.y while compiling Asterisk 1.0.1

Hi Lawrence,I am using the following version of BISON:GNU Bison version 1.28Are you suggesting that I should change my BISON version to solve this problem?If so then which version should I use?Regards,Bikram--- On Sat 10/23, Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) < lwc at roke.co.uk > wrote:
From: Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) [mailto: lwc at roke.co.uk]To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com, bikramb at excite.comDate: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:17:49 +0100Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Error in file ast_expr.y while compiling Asterisk 1.0.1Hi Folks,as this is a very regular questions, is there any chance of somehow putting a"Get the latest version of BISON" comment if there are compiler errors with this file?I'm not adept enough at Make to know quite how to do this, but it obviously NEEDs to be done.(Over time this consumes as much bandwidth as the Skype snipes :).all the best,LawrenceOn 23 Oct 2004, at 14:01, Smarty wrote:> Hi,>> I downloaded the tarball "asterisk-1.0.1.tar.gz" and tried to compile > it. I got an error while compiling the> file "ast_expr.y".>> The error is:>> bison ast_expr.y --name-prefix=ast_yy -o ast_expr.c> ast_expr.y:110: unrecognized: %locations> ast_expr.y:110: Skipping to next %> ast_expr.y:141: invalid @-construct> ast_expr.y:141: $. is invalid> ast_expr.y:141: invalid @-construct> ast_expr.y:141: $. is invalid> ast_expr.y:141: invalid @-construct> ast_expr.y:141: $. is invalid> ...............> ..............>> As I see it, bison is trying to generate the ".c" file and gives an > error.>> Any suggestions how to solve this compilation error?>>> Bikram-- Visit our website at www.roke.co.ukRoke Manor Research Ltd, Roke Manor, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN, UK.The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential toRoke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party withoutpermission. This communication is for information only and shall not create orchange any contractual relationship.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.comThe most personalized portal on the Web!