[Asterisk-Dev] Zaptel development question

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Fri Oct 22 09:05:15 MST 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Steven M. Sokol wrote:

> Does anybody out there have any idea how to get the module types from
> the wcfxs driver?  Mark indicated that /dev/zap/ctl could be, somehow,
> forced to yeild up the module types but I can't seem to find any
> documentation and my perusal of the code doesn't show any direct way to
> get the information from the driver.
>
> Anybody out there see what I don't?  The driver structure includes a
> modtype param that seems to get set when the driver initializes the
> hardware. There has to be some way to get at this, right?

Steve,

After being delayed in the airport again on my way home I had some time to
think about this issue that we talked about.  Using the ZT_GET_PARAMS
ioctl you can retrieve the sigcap of each channel which will be:

for FXO:
wc->chans[x].sigcap = ZT_SIG_FXSKS | ZT_SIG_FXSLS | ZT_SIG_SF;

for FXS:
wc->chans[x].sigcap = ZT_SIG_FXOKS | ZT_SIG_FXOLS | ZT_SIG_FXOGS | \
ZT_SIG_SF | ZT_SIG_EM

James