[Asterisk-Dev] Zaptel development question

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Wed Oct 13 07:32:28 MST 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Steven M. Sokol wrote:

> Does anybody out there have any idea how to get the module types from
> the wcfxs driver?  Mark indicated that /dev/zap/ctl could be, somehow,
> forced to yeild up the module types but I can't seem to find any
> documentation and my perusal of the code doesn't show any direct way to
> get the information from the driver.
>
> Anybody out there see what I don't?  The driver structure includes a
> modtype param that seems to get set when the driver initializes the
> hardware. There has to be some way to get at this, right?

I don't believe the TDM* module type is exposed to the user at this time
(aside from in the printks or maybe you can infer it from some of the
values you can query with an ioctl). At one time I threw a patch together
to include the module type in the description that is available via the
ioctl (and also /proc/zaptel/*).  If your interested in this patch I can
dig it out and send it over.  IIRC it was pretty trivial

James